How to use a tablet without hurting your wrist

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Post time 2016-10-11 18:18:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Original text starts here:
I realized, that I’ve encountered many professional artists online that have problems with wrist that are caused by using tablet. No wonder: you can find tons of tutorials on graphic software, but you won’t find any on actual USING the tablet. Well, it is simple: you install the drivers, plug the tablet in, personalize the buttons, if you have any, and start drawing the same way as you did with the pencil, right?
Well… NO!

That is why I decided to write this entry tutorial. Please, read if whether you’re just a beginner, or a professional that has been painting for longer than I have lived; the issue is much too grave for people living of making art to simply be ignored.
Let me start with a simple story:
I’ve had an injury in my arm (that also affected the wrist a bit; I can’t use nibs because the tension necessary to get a good lineweight makes my wrist and arm hurt) long before I’ve even gotten a tablet, and when I started using it I had some problems, as the arm was much more stressed than while drawing traditionally and I got pains in wrist very often (this was no different to situations where i had to write a lot by hand, fastly or for a long time). Then I’ve read a lot about how professional artists have problems with carpal tunnel and got scared; I already had problems and didn’t want to be out of the game before I even got in. So I started gathering information and seeking for the cause of the problem.

I found that there are 3 important factors in drawing with a tablet (2 are revelant to drawing in general) that may cause serious health problems:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Wap|Closeting|Huion Forum  

2018-6-18 13:51 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.119068 second(s), 26 queries .