View: 321|Reply: 0

Use your Android tablet as a graphics tablet

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Post time 2016-10-11 18:19:08 | Show all posts |Read mode
Important update: This article is obsolete because there is a new version of the app, including a uinput driver instead of the X.org input driver available here: http://rfc2822.github.com/GfxTablet/
Motivation
Recently, we have bought an Android tablet for our company. The touch-screen is pressure-sensitive and can be used with a stylus pen. While there are many apps for all kinds of use, I couldn’t find anything that allows me to use the tablet as a graphics tablet for my desktop PC.
So I have decided to make the Android tablet a “graphics tablet”. The drawing data should be transmitted via network (WiFi). Because I use Linux, my choice was to write two pieces of software:
  • an Android app that shows a canvas and sends all touch events via network to the PC
  • an input driver that receives the data via network and posts them to the operating system / graphics server.
Please note that there is no input driver for Windows, so this won’t work under Windows. I don’t use Windows and therefore don’t plan to write one, but if you are interested in doing so, please tell me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Wap|Closeting|Huion Forum  

2018-6-18 13:51 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.088705 second(s), 27 queries .