View: 16|Reply: 0

Japanese text in Blender

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-5-15 19:59:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I did a search of the forums and didn't see anything related to this problem, so I'll try a new topic. If there's existing material on this issue, please point me to it.
I need to use Japanese text (you know, kanji and kana) for a Blender project. However, I can't figure a way to make Blender use Japanese text -- I don't even know if it's possible.
I'm using Blender 2.35 on a Gentoo Linux system, and have tried both direct input with kinput2+canna (Blender didn't even recognize the input) and import from file buffer (all I got was garbage; Blender doesn't like UTF-8, it seems.)
I'm wondering if someone has managed to import characters that fall outside of the usual Roman character set into Blender as 3D objects. If so, how? The only two ways that I can think of are
(1) Import bitmaps from The GIMP or some other tool, and mesh-model over those. Not exactly desirable, especially for complex kanji.
(2) Create the text in some other program and somehow get it to DXF, OBJ, or some other format Blender can use. This would be doable if I knew the key to the "somehow".
Can anyone offer some pointers on how to pull this off?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5081
Motion graphics animation service

Thank you.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Wap|Closeting|Huion Forum  

2018-6-23 23:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.081777 second(s), 23 queries .