View: 189|Reply: 0

Best drawing tablet for Mac?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Post time 2016-10-21 16:22:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
First let me say I am not a Graphic Designer.. just someone with moderate creativity and a desire to learn new stuff I took a peek at some of the stuff on the front page of this sub and was like "oh, yeah, I don't belong here" but I appreciate you letting me crash the party regardless.
I've worked a bit with Illustrator in the past and also have a lot of experience with Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere (my background is in video production) but I find myself wanting a tablet (not sure if that's the right word) to connect to my Mac so I can hand draw digital stuff. I'm especially interested in font creation, so I think this tool would help – but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good brands/models of these tablets. I am probably going to ask my family for one for Christmas (I'm running out of years to get cool gifts hahaha) so I want one that isn't crazy expensive but also doesn't lose quality. Any suggestions, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

These Drawing pads and graphics tablets for MacOS Sierra, OSX ElCapitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion and Leopard users often also come bundled with Windows PC drivers and software for cross-platform use. Some may be bundled with low-end, consumer or 'lite' versions of pressure sensitive drawing programs that often can be upgraded to full versions if so desired.

Many tablets will work out of the box with some of the existing illustration, drawing and image editing applications you already own. Most tablets are instantly recognized when plugged in as a basic pointing device for cursor control. But you really want and need to install the graphic tablet drivers for Mac OSX to truly gain control of the the additional buttons for specialized functions and right, left, Option or Control key click support.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Wap|Closeting|Huion Forum  

2018-1-18 10:06 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.077293 second(s), 23 queries .