Huion Forum

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 231|Reply: 0

What is the drawing/illustration style used in this game?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Post time 2016-10-31 14:52:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
What is the drawing/illustration style used in this game?
And how hard is it for an artist to make?
Is it learnable and doable by an uneducated artist, ie. programmer with experience in PS and AI?
I think your post has useful information for the op, but I would like to expand from my own view. Vector art is more like a tool than a style in my view (although the distinction isn't b/w). For example, a person can produce more realistic style of work with vector art: Link
I think it's more useful to think of a style as departures from reality: simplifications, and exaggerations. A lot of times the departures help balance each other out. A style like Morty's uses simple shapes for the body to make the animation do-able, exaggerated expressions to fit the silly tone, fewer flat tones again to be animateable, and to fit the body style, and black outlines to make the otherwise flat characters pop a little better. So all these deviations work with and balance each other out. (and even the way the animations move is stylistically different production to production). Obviously, because of the limitations of the tools, vector art produces a certain characteristic look, which tends to affect the style, so that makes my nitpick even more nitpicky.
Anyway, I think it's important to remember that a style still has a relationship with reality, because sometimes you encounter a situation where the way you've simplified something before no longer works, like this: link Now, I don't think that drawing is awful, but clearly something looks off. The artist tried to take simplified drawings of an eye and nose from the front view, and warp it around around a simplified skull (a sphere). But the skull isn't perfectly round, and the eyes and nose aren't flat images. If they had instead referenced reality again, and THEN re-stylized they would end up with something more like this.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Wap|Closeting|Huion Forum  

2018-6-20 05:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.077273 second(s), 23 queries .